Sunday, January 31, 2010

Iqaluit Helps Haiti: Cancelled

. . . it's hard to raise funds in a blizzard.

Unfortunately I had to cancel. The weather was dangerously bad and there were a lot of people giving up their time to help and I worried about their safety. We were all set and ready to go ahead with the plans but, it just wouldn't have been worth the risk. I will re-schedule as soon as I can but, keep in mind that there is a lot coming up so I don't know when exactly would be a great day however, the drawing board is up and we'll know more later.

You can always donate . . .anytime . . . just go to Redcross.ca for all the information you need.

Thanks for everyone's support and the great press we received from everyone in town. It was heartbreaking to post-pone with all the work that went into it this week but, you can't do anything about the weather.

No comments: