Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Ultimate Shipping Rate.

Who in Iqaluit has mouthed the words "that would cost like a MILLION dollars to ship here"?

Well . . . if you'd like something from IKEA shipped to you in Iqaluit they will actually charge you a BILLION dollars. I'm dead serious. I was in the neighbourhood for buying a leather sofa...I couldn't believe my screen . . .











It seems though, that their delivery would be somewhat timely . . . "billion dollars" timely though? I mean, for the love of god, the GST is 50 Million alone!

Try it for yourself. Especially enjoy the hilarity you experience when you go to order just a desk lamp, or just a power bar!

Amazing.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Classic.

Jaime said...

Hahahahahahahahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*breath*


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

OH MY GOD. That is probably the best thing I've ever seen.

Jordan~Stephanie said...

Amazing eh?

Jennith said...

That is sooooo hilarious.. We'll send it up there if you really want, but we are going to bleed you deep for it.... it would cheaper to cut into pieces and hire someone to rebuild in Iqaluit there

Jordan~Stephanie said...

We totally agree.

I wrote an e-mail to Ikea's customer service to ask them about it. When they reply, I'll post their justification!

wayne rivers said...

Hello Jordan~Stephanie..

my name is Wayne Rivers I am a reporter with APTN News here in Iqaluit.

I have 2 questions...how would you like to do a quick interview about this couch price...and how good is your Dr Evil impression........email me at wrivers@aptn.ca as soon as you able..

Thanks,

Wayne

towniebastard said...

He does a pretty awesome Dr. Evil. I've heard it.

Wm. Murphy said...

It is an awesome couch though!

Adam Snider said...

I almost refused to believe that this wasn't photoshopped. Then I went and tried it. Ridiculous.

I can't wait to hear IKEA's explanation for this.

Jordan~Stephanie said...

I can't even begin to tell you how many people think that it's photoshopped.

Please, to anyone who's doubtful, just try it.

I posted IKEA's reply this afternoon.