Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's Official . . .

We're going.



There's always some doubt at first as to whether or not things will come together and work out the way you want them too. Personally, we were both worried that I may not find work, or should I say, the kind of work that seems fitting for such a large relocation. Today was a great day. One of the top three jobs we'd hoped I'd secure was locked down this afternoon at 4:30pm. After a few e-mails and a lengthy conversation on the phone with my new boss, the worry about work is over. I think I can speak for the both of us when I say . . . this move is "Official".

So here we go . . . As we make each turn, we'll write about the trails and tribulations of this journey, and it all starts today.

I'm so excited I think I could die. The idea of such a big adventure thrills me everywhere; I'm bursting at all seams. The first thing I did was tell Steph about the great news . . .then my Dad . . . My mom and brother still aren't home yet but, they'll get the news immediately. Steph and I aren't really spilling the news to any friends yet since we're still in the primary stages of planning and there's still a lot of scheduling to do. One thing in particular is a wedding . . . My best friend Chris is getting married August 8th but, my potential start date is the 1st. My new boss seems like a really easy going guy, so when I e-mail him back later (after this) I'll be explaining my situation with hopes that something can be worked out. I feel almost bad delaying the start date or even being picky at all, considering this time last week I was worried that I wouldn't find a job at all. Chris' wedding is really important to me and I wouldn't miss it for anything. He's been one of my best friends for 10 years now and I promised to be there. Fingers crossed . . .

Over the next few weeks we'll be sitting down and going over all the details of the move. The finances, the shopping, the timing, the flights . . .you name it. From experience we know that the lack of planning can cause added anxiety and insecurity on an already stressful move. It's not a mistake we're making again. Next post I'll put up our to do list . . . it'll be quite something, I'm sure!

Well, that's all for now . . . Nunavut: Here We Come!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Hey there, thanks so much for the kind words on my blog, I really appreciate it. I'm flattered to here my blog influenced you so much, what an honour!

If you ever have any questions about the move or anything like that, feel free to send me an email at jrperry (AT) qiniq (DOT) com.

Look forward to reading more; it's a nice reminder of the excitement I felt 3 years ago.

Jaime

Jaime said...

oops, I mean "hear." I hate leaving typos, haha.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how else to contact you, so I'll leave a comment on this 3-year-old-post seeing as it is what inspired me. I have an interview tomorrow for a fantastic job in Nunavut. I've read up on life in Nunavut (especially the various blogs)and I'm so excited! My only concern would be finding school/work for my husband so that we can both feel happy and productive. If you're able to give us any insight from your own experience, I'd really appreciate it. My email is creativejess (at) hotmail. Thank you!